The Final Moments of Abel

    (Gen. 4: 8-16) 
 Cain was very angry because the Lord God was pleased with the offerings of Abel but did not accept his offering of the fruits of the ground.

     One day, Cain ask his brother Abel to go out with him.  When they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother.

     Then the Lord said to Cain: "See what you have done! The voice of your brother's blood cries to me from the earth.  Now, therefore, you shall be curse upon the earth, which has opened her mouth to receive the blood of your brother.  When you will till it, it will not yield its fruits to you.  You will be like a fugitive and a vagabond upon the earth."

     And Cain said to the Lord God: "My iniquity is greater  than my merits to deserved pardon.  You, my God have cast me out this day from the face of the earth; and I shall be hidden  from your face.  I shall be a vagabond and a fugitive upon the earth.  Everyone, therefore, that finds me, shall my life be ended."  And the Lord said to Cain: :No, it shall not be so; but whosoever shall harm Cain to the last breath shall be punished sevenfold."

     And the Lord God set a mark upon Cain, that whosoever found him should not do take his life.

     And Cain went out from the face of the Lord, and dwelt as a fugitive on the earth at the east side of Eden.

No comments: